The Morgan Sports Car Club Ltd (MSCC) was formed in 1951 by a handful of enthusiasts, who answered an advert in Autocar magazine asking if any Morgan owners would be interested in forming a club. Since its first meeting at The Flying Horse in Kegworth, Derbyshire, the club’s ranks have swollen to 4,700 members worldwide and it continues to grow.
The club was originally the Morgan 4/4 Club, as the 4/4 (four wheels and four cylinders) was the only four-wheeler Morgan in existence. With the introduction of the Plus 4 and Plus 8, the club was renamed the Morgan Sports Car Club in the 1970s.
The club has a network of more than 35 local centres in the UK alone and holds races, speed events, training and track days, as well as social events and scenic runs.
Morgans were out in force at Chateau Impney Hill Climb last year, with local GP Dr David Pryke winning Class 3 in his Morgan/Riley Special. Guy Loveridge and Mark Shears were among those who took part in their Plus 4s, and Charlie Martin competed in the RIP Special – a three-wheeler Morgan that has been converted into a four-wheeled special.
SEE MORE: Click on the video player below to see onboard footage from David Pryke’s practice run
We are thrilled to include the Morgan Sports Car Club in our group of Associated Clubs and look forward to Morgans providing us with lots more entertainment at the Chateau in 2016.