Today, 15th January, is officially the most depressing day of the year, or Blue Monday, and we can see why- the post- Christmas slump, the already-broken New Year’s resolutions, and the unwelcome arrival of those post-present-buying bills.
So in an effort to combat this, we’ve put our heads together and come up with our favourite ways to turn this into the best day of January!
1. Dreaming of longer days and warmer weather? January is the perfect time to book that summer holiday away, and by booking nice and early, flights are often that bit cheaper. So take advantage and jet off somewhere that you’ve always wanted to go and live out that dream!
2. Prefer to stay closer to home? Plan a staycation in the Midlands and soak up some of the culture we have to offer, we recommend taking a trip over to historic Stratford Upon Avon, and make sure you visit the greenery that inspired JRR Tolkein’s Lord of the Rings. At the same time, you can join us for the Chateau Impney Hill Climb 2018 weekend, and enjoy the excitement of one of the most prestigious motorsport events of the calendar.
3. Not all shopped out? If you can face returning to the scene of the crime, the January sales are the perfect time to pick up that one item you’ve had your heart set on. Pop into the Chateau on your way home after fighting through the crowds, and enjoy our wonderful Afternoon Tea. What better way to perk yourself up? Even better, we have 10% off Afternoon Tea, valid between 1st January – 28th February 2018.
4. Forget New Years resolutions, this year we’re setting Blue Monday goals! Give yourself a challenge to complete by this time next year, whether you want to stick to something more traditional like giving up a bad habit, or getting into shape, or be a bit more adventurous and complete that sky dive you’ve always been too nervous to do. This way, you’ll have something to smile about next Blue Monday too.
5. After the Christmas period which is all geared towards gift giving, it’s time to treat yourself to a little something too. Book VIP tickets to the Chateau Impney Hill Climb 2018, and enjoy a weekend of motorsport in unparalleled luxury. Set in the glamorous 19th century Chateau Impney, the VIP tickets offer a delicious welcome breakfast, mid morning strawberries and champagne, a buffet lunch and a special Chateau afternoon tea, and this will certainly give you a weekend to look forward to.
The Chateau Impney Hill Climb 2018 will be held on Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 July, you can purchase your tickets here.